Saturday, February 16, 2013

My Dinosaur Child

Sometimes you see Connor coming from across the room and he has a sweet smile on his face, little steps heading your way and a big hug as he wraps his arms around your legs.

Other times, he scares the crap out of you.

Remember the part in Jurassic Park when the Velociraptor is chasing the kids in the kitchen? It's just like that. He makes these primordial sounds in his throat and then screams out. Then this maniacal laughter as he's sure he frightened everyone within a city block.

It's actually pretty great, as long as it's outside. I completely encourage rambunctious behavior, a la Where the Wild Things Are, when we are outdoors, such as climbing, clawing in the dirt, rolling, flipping, tackling, and dinosaur howls. It's fine by me.

Today we had one of those nice Austin days: Splendid weather, Whole Foods, Town Lake, kickball, the BMX Park, Southpark Meadows, playground. And even Home Depot, my favorite store. I remember growing up I used to HAAATTEEEE going to that place, and it seems like we were there every weekend. Now the bright orange sign with white letters makes my heart race. Oh the possibilities of home improvement and projects!

With all this fun today, 0 pictures were taken. How did that happen? Oh well, here's an old one...




No comments:

Post a Comment